All tattoos heal at a different pace. For some it can take as short as a week and for others as long as a month. It all depends on your skin type, design and placement. During the healing process, it is important to follow our instructions below and treat it as a wound to insure proper healing and prevent infections.
• Once your tattoo session is complete it will be wrapped for your travel home.
• Leave wrapping on for at least two hours. It can be left on longer, however we do not recommend it be left on over night (this may cause the wrapping to stick to your tattoo).
• Once wrap is removed, wash with lukewarm water and antibacterial soap. Let air dry for 10 to 20 minutes.
• Once dry, apply a light layer of Aquaphor to the tattoo area.
During the healing process, apply a light layer of Aquaphor 2 to 3 times a day for the next couple of weeks. A few things to remember while your new tattoo is healing:
• DO NOT submerge your tattoo under water. Showers are fine, however do not allow the water to hit your tattoo directly for long periods of time.
• DO NOT expose it to the sun.
• DO NOT scratch it.
• DO NOT wear tight clothing over it, as it will cause constant rubbing.
• EXCLUDE gym time for a week and try to keep it to a MINIMUM until fully healed.
• DO show off your new tattoo to all your friends and family.
• DO talk to it daily and tell it how awesome it is.
Thank you for coming into Revere Tattoo and honoring us with the opportunity to provide you with a custom tattoo that you will carry for a lifetime. If you have any questions, do not hesitate contacting us at the studio or sending us an email.